Sunday, August 4, 2013

More DIY for the Classroom!

DIY Project #1: Shutters and Metal Stand

Today, my friend Sarah wanted to get some shutters to use as a book shelf for her math and reading games so we went to an awesome restore that is in my town and found three shutters for only $15.  We painted these as well as a metal stand that she uses for her equipment for her active board. Here are the before and after pictures!

       




My sweet Abby in the background!


DIY Project #2: Book Shelf

Once Sarah and I painted the shutters and stand, she said she needed space to store other math and reading materials but that she could not find a book shelf short enough to fit under the window ledge in her classroom. That is when we had the idea to make our own shelf out of crates and press board! Basically, we zip tied the crates together. Then to make a top, we had the wonderful man at Lowes cut press board to fit the top and covered it in fabric to make it stand out. It turned out so well we made a smaller one to store here reading materials!!!
Small shelf

LargeShelf



2 comments:

  1. Love your DIY projects. So cute and inexpensive. You and Sarah have creative minds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I copied you and Sarah's idea, and my crate shelves look amazing! Thanks to you and Randy for bringing me the wood, and I love my red paint splatter material I purchased from Wal Mart! Thanks for the idea...love!!!

    ReplyDelete