Saturday, August 17, 2013

Games, Gadgets, and Grins

2013 Educators' Conference


Rockingham County Schools hosts an educator's conference for all staff members at the beginning of each school year. This conference is a day long event in which we are able to pick and attend sessions that are relevant to us and provides professional development opportunities. I presented last year for the first time and decided to present again. However, this year I have a partner in crime....My Mother!!! I am excited to be presenting with her at the conference. We decided to entitle our session "Games, Gadgets, and Grins".   This session is all about how to make and use games and other gadgets in the classroom for math and literacy. Everything can be made and used for almost a dollar or less and are great resources to use in the classroom to reinforce concepts being taught.  Below, I have uploaded the hand out that is going to be given out a the conference and I wanted to post it here for anyone that wanted  copy as a resource in the classroom.  We have listed lots and lots of activities in this document and I hope it will be a good resource for teachers.  We have also created a presentation in slide rocket that shows all of the activities and resources.  I hope you enjoy the presentation and the packet and here is to a fabulous 2013-2014 school year!!!



                


If you would like a copy of the hand out to print, CLICK HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment