Sunday, June 30, 2013

Signs, Signs.....

After a tiring two hours of cutting up our fallen tree, I decided it was time to make some signs for my classroom!!!



The first set of signs I made were my group signs. I wanted an easy way for my students to know what group to go to when doing group assignments as well as something that I could move around easily. On one side, I just printed some colorful numbers and on the other I put up the "Groups" poster for them to refer to when working together! I got the groups sign from a wonderful blog called "Teaching with a Mountain View". I bought the plastic frames at Wal-Mart for 92 cents a piece!

The next signs I made are probably the signs I am MOST EXCITED about for my classroom. It is called the Great Pencil Challenge! So, one of my biggest pet peeves are kids losing/not having a pencil and using the pencil sharpener! I absolutely hate the sound of a pencil sharpener and I think that sharpening pencils is the biggest waste of time. Therefore, when I found this on Ladybug's Teacher Files, I knew that I had to do this in my classroom. Basically, all the students get a pencil from me with their name on it at the beginning of the year. We then predict and see who can keep their pencil the longest! This may be the answer to my pencil nightmares! Click here to get your free copy! I bought these frames at Dollar Tree!


Next on my list was the birthday sign! Being that I teach 5th grade, I did not want to use the normal "sing happy birthday" on each of my students' birthdays. I found this chant on Teaching Madness and thought it was fantastic and fun! Click Here to get your free copy!

The last sign I made was the "You Rock" sign. I thought this was a great way to show individuals or groups of students appreciation. I mean,  what kid wouldn't love to get a little public praise? This I found on Technology Rocks. Seriously.


I am well underway on getting everything ready for my new classroom.  My goal is to get everything made so that I can use the next month to set up my room and then start focusing on lesson plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment