Friday, July 19, 2013

Moving In....

 So, I have not posted in over a week and I feel a bit guilty because I really wanted to try and post weekly. However, I was gone to beautiful Emerald Isle last week for my cousin's wedding and did not have much to post other than my view from our beach house and a sun burnt face. However, now that I am home, it is back to the real world......the world of school.  I finally moved all of my belongings and lets just say my room is a bit of a mess! But, after seven hours of hard work today, I got a lot accomplished and I am excited about sharing some things I have already done!

Here is my mess of a classroom! This looks good compared to what it looked like three days ago!


One of the first things I did today was set up my reading space.  I moved in the bathtub (one of my favorite things in the classroom) and set up the space. I still have to make my crate seats and bring in a chair but other than that this space of the room is complete!


Another thing I did was move in my monster filing cabinet.  I hated the blank side of the cabinet so I decided to put my brownie points behavior system on the side. The way brownie points work is if no one in the class gets in trouble that day or if the class gets a good compliment from another teacher, they earn a brownie. Once the entire pan is full then they earn a treat from me! It could be brownies or some other surprise that I decide to bring the students.


The last thing I did today was put up my letters for my word wall. I decided this year instead of posting every word on a large wall, I am going to put them on rings and hang them under the a appropriate letter.  The current words we are using will of course be posted on the board but once we move on to new words they will be placed on the appropriate ring.  This way, the students can access the rings of vocabulary words when they need them or can even use them to study with a friend when they have free time.


Once the room is all set up, I will post every nook and cranny on my page on the blog that is dedicated to my classroom decoration!

No comments:

Post a Comment